Protective helmets are classified according to the specific impact and electrical performance requirements they are designed to meet. All protective helmets in accordance with this standard shall meet either Type I or Type II impact requirements. In addition, all helmets are further classified as meeting Class G, Class E, or Class C electrical requirements.
- 4 pt. ratchet or pinlock suspensions
- Lightweight for comfort, molded from High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) - only 13.5 oz
- Contoured dome maximizes protection while providing a sleek, low profile
- Griptec™ coated bill improves gripping
- Trim bill style for greater upward vision, ideal for vision attachment
- Low nape strap and rain trough
- Universal slots allow for easy attachment of hearing, welding, and faceshield accessories
- Compatible with the 137 Capshield, Model P, Model C, 337 Capshield, A-5500SN and the A-5500X
- Meets ANSI Z89.1 Type 1, Class E Standards
Type I: Helmets intended to reduce the force of impact resulting from a blow only to the top of the head.
Class E (Electrical): Class E helmets are intended to reduce the danger of exposure to high voltage conductors. Test samples are proof-tested at 20,000 volts (phase to ground). However, this voltage is not intended as an indication of the voltage at which the helmet protects the wearer.
(For further information see American National Standards Institute Standard Z89.1 for head protection available from American National Standards Institute, 11 W, 42nd, 13th floor, New York, NY 10036.)
4 Point Ratchet: Ratchet headgear provides over 30 adjustments for comfortable fit without removing headgear. Standard headgear with woven nylon straps. Fits sizes 61/2 to 8”.
4 Point Pin-Lock: Standard headgear with woven nylon straps. Fits sizes 61/2 to 8”.