A Certified Mold Inspector (CMI) is a specialist who has been professionally trained to assess both the presence of microbial contamination, and the source of any underlying moisture intrusion. The CMI certification recognizes the Certified Mold Inspector as having exhibited a proficiency of knowledge required to perform a professional microbial assessment, identify underlying moisture problems, properly perform air and surface samples and interpret the results.
This course is approximately 20 hours in duration and is presented in a convenient and comprehensive format that allows you to study at your own pace with 24/7 online access. MICRO also offers free phone consultation to add to your learning experience. The CMI course is divided into 16 sessions and covers all you'll need to begin a career as a mold inspector.
After successfully completing the online final exam and submitting a mold inspection project, you'll receive a Nationally-recognized MICRO CMI certification. This course is not a prerequisite for taking the MICRO Certified Mold Remediation Contractor (CMRC) course. If you are interested in both courses you can purchase the combination package at a significantly discounted price.
- Continuing Education:
- This online course qualifies for 14 hours with the IICRC and 20 hours with the ACAC.
- Who Should Take This Course:
- Home inspectors, Indoor Air Quality Personnel, Insurance professionals, Real Estate Professionals, Contractors, and those interested in a new career.
- Prerequisite Requirements:
- Some knowledge of construction practices and building science is beneficial, but not essential.
- Tuition/Exams/Certification Fees:
- Course fee includes tuition, course materials, online testing and certification, and a 1-year Micro membership
- MICRO Success Guarantee:
- If you fail to pass your certification exam for any reason, you can retake our course curriculum and final exam at no additional charge until you achieve a passing grade.