A MICRO Certified Mold Remediation Contractor (CMRC) is a specialist who has been professionally trained to remove mold contamination in structures and materials in accordance with certain accepted standards, and to resolve any underlying moisture issue leading to the contamination.
The CMRC certification recognizes the remediator as having exhibited a proficiency of knowledge required to perform professional mold remediation within the guidelines as outlined in the IICRC S520 and R520, the New York City Department of Health Remediation Guidelines, and the Environmental Protection Agency, pertaining to:
- Contents remediation
- Structural remediation
- HVAC remediation
This course is presented in a convenient and comprehensive format that allows you to study at your own pace with 24/7 online access. MICRO also offers free phone consultation to add to your learning experience. The CMRC course is divided into 17 sessions and covers all you'll need to begin a career as a mold remediator. After successfully completing the online final exam, you'll receive a Nationally-recognized MICRO CMRC certification.
Note: The MICRO CMI course is not a prerequisite for taking the Micro Certified Mold Remediation Contractor (CMRC) course. Also, if you are interested in taking the CMI and CMRC courses you can purchase both courses at a significantly discounted price.
- Continuing Education:
- This online course qualifies for 14 hours with the IICRC and 20 hours with the ACAC.
- Who Should Take This Course:
- Home inspectors, Indoor Air Quality Personnel, Insurance professionals, Real Estate Professionals, Contractors, and those interested in a new career.
- Prerequisite Requirements:
- Some knowledge of construction practices and building science is beneficial, but not essential.
- Tuition/Exams/Certification Fees:
- Course fee includes tuition, course materials, online testing and certification, and a 1-year Micro membership
- MICRO Success Guarantee:
- If you fail to pass your certification exam for any reason, you can retake our course curriculum and final exam at no additional charge until you achieve a passing grade.