The Zefon A6 is a single stage bioaerosol impaction sampler for the viable sampling of mold and fungi is an exact replica of the popular Andersen N-6 single stage sampler.* The Zefon A6 impaction sampler is an aluminum device consisting of a top inlet "cone", a sampling head impacter stage which contains over 400 precision drilled holes and a base section which holds the agar media.
The sampler is held together by three spring clamps and sealed with two o-ring gaskets. When air is drawn through the sampler, multiple jets of air direct any airborne particles toward the surface of the agar collection surface. After sampling the agar collection media is then sent to a laboratory for analysis.
*Performance tests indicate that there is no statistical difference between the Andersen N6 sampler and the Zefon A6.
Accurate results when using an A6 Impactor depend on proper measurement of flow through the impactor inlet. This can be best measured using a bubble or dry piston primary standard (such as a Bios Defender or Gilian®Gilibrator) set up with the A6 impactor "in-line”. To connect your impactor "in-line”, be sure to order the Z-A6-CAL adapter, which fits over the impactor inlet and allows tubing to be connected to it.
- Proven technology for viable sampling
- Identical to other single stage samplers
- Uses standard 100mm x 15mm petri dishes
- Meets NIOSH Method 0800 and 0801 requirements
- Particle Size Cut-Point (d50): 0.65µm @ 28.3 LPM Flow Rate
- Required Flow Rate: 28.3 LPM (1 ACFM)
- Dimensions: 4.25" diameter; 2.87" height
- Weight: 1.23 lbs
- Material of Construction: Aircraft Grade Aluminum
- Country of Origin: USA