When fighting wild fires, protecting lives, houses, and property while ensuring safety for everyone involved demands accurate fire behavior predictions based upon good weather observations. Kestrel weather meters have been relied upon by fire fighters for decades to provide fast, accurate measurement of wind speed, temperature and humidity.
The Kestrel 3500 Fire Weather Meter has been updated specifically for fire fighting, adding barometric pressure, altitude and wet bulb readings and an easy-to-read Probability of Ignition (PIG) and Fine Dead Fuel Moisture (FDFM) reference card – everything required for a complete weather observation.
This one rugged, handheld instrument easily replaces all of the items included in your Belt Weather Kit, providing consistently accurate measurements without prepping a sling psychrometer or risking the possibility of human error.
- 3-Button Control
- Backlight blue white
- Data Hold Function
- Date & Time
- Drop-Tested to MIL-STD-810G
- Field Humidity Calibration/Correction Routine
- Hard Slip-On Protective Cover
- High Contrast, Sunlight Readable Monochrome LCD Display
- Minimum/Maximum/Average Reading
- Pressure Sensor
- Relative Humidity Sensor
- Temperature Sensor (Patented External Isolated)
- Waterproof to IP67 (3'/1M for 30 minutes)