The Fluke 417D is accurate, durable, and easy to use—just point and shoot. The simple design and easy, one-button measurement operation allows you to minimize time spent measuring and maximize the reliability of measurements.
- The Fluke 417D laser meter is accurate, durable, and easy to use—just point and shoot
- Instantly measure up to 40 m (131 ft.) with 1-button point-and-click
- Continuous measurement capable: adjusting as you move closer and farther from your target
- Quickly calculate area (sq feet/meters)
- 1-meter drop tested and IP54 rated: built to withstand rainy or dusty conditions
- Great for interior and exterior applications
- Large, 2-line illuminated LCD screen.
- Three different measurement tasks can be completed quickly and easily with one hand.
- The bright laser is clearly visible, so you can always see your target point even from a hard-to-reach spot or long distance.
- Designed for both indoor and outdoor applications.
- Operates with the Fluke durability and quality you expect.
- Protected by a 3-year warranty.
|Typical range 
||0.2-40 m/0.6-131 ft
|Typical measuring tolerance* 
||2.0 mm ± 1.5 mm/± 0.06 in ***
|Maximum measuring tolerance 
||± 3.0 mm/0.12 in ***
|Accuracy up to 10m (+/-)
||± 2 mm
||2 line/1 mm/1/32 in
|Laser point at distance
||6/30/60 mm (10/40/100 m)
|Units setting (smallest units displayed)
||0,000m, 0' 00'' 1/32, 0 in 1/32
|Auto laser switch off
|Auto power switch off
||635 nm, <1 mW
|Battery life (2 x AAA) 1.5 V NEDA 24A/IEC LR03
||Up to 3,000 measurements
|Size (Hx W x D)
||11.9 x 3.8 x 2.6 cm
|Weight (with batteries)
||95g (3.35 oz)
|Temperature range: Storage
||-25 °C to 70 °C (-13 °F to 158 °F)
|Temperature range: Operation
||-10 °C to 50 °C (14 °F to 122 °F)
|Maximum relative humidity
||85 % @ 20°F to 120 °F
(-7 °C to 50 °C)
||CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 61010-1-04, UL Std. No. 61010-1 (2nd Edition), ISA-82.02.01, IEC Standard No. 61010-1:2001, EN60825-1:2007 (Class II)
 Applies for 100 % target reflectivity (white painted wall), low background illumination, 25 °C (13 °F).
 Applies for 10 % to 500 % target reflectivity, high background illumination, -10 °C to +50 °C (14 °F to +122 °F).
 Tolerances apply from 0.05 m to 10 m (0.001 ft to 32.8 ft) with a confidence level of 95 %. The maximum tolerance may deteriorate to 0.1 mm/m (0.003 in/ft) between 10 m to 30 m (32.8 ft to 98.4 ft) and to 0.15 mm/m (0.005 in/ft) for distances above 30 m (98.4 ft).
 Applies for 100 % target reflectivity, background illumination between 10,000 lux and 30,000 lux.
 After user calibration. Additional angle related deviation of ± 0.01° per degree up to ± 45° in each quadrant. Applies at room temperature. For the whole operating temperature range the maximum deviation increases by ± 0.1°.