If a structure was built prior to 1980 then there is a distinct possibility that it contains lead based paint (LBP).
ChildGuard is a safe and effective alternative to the costly process of lead based paint removal and is accepted in all 50 states as a permanent abatement method. ChildGuard is a water-based, paint-like coating blended specifically to form a barrier between lead based paint and the environment. ChildGuard is approved for use in all 50 states, and meets or exceeds all federal, state, and local standards for covering lead-based paint on interior or exterior surfaces. ChildGuard contains Bitrex®, a bitter-tasting ingredient to discourage oral contact.
Some states require a surface assessment by a licensed lead inspector before application. Contact your state Department of Health, or Fiberlock for more information. Child Guard has been designated non-toxic by a certified toxicologist.
- Permanent solution appropriate for interior and exterior use
- 20 year warranty
- Can be tinted with up to two ounces per gallon of universal colorant
- Easy to apply with a brush or roller
- 2 coats (7 dry mils) per application
- Water-based easy clean up
- Safe, nontoxic. Meets all HUD & EPA guidelines
- Architectural Matte
- Class "A" fire-rated
- Certified or approved for use in all 50 states
- Washable & can be painted over
- Contains a bitter-tasting agent to discourage oral contact