The Tramex BSIK is the complete kit for non-destructive testing of moisture content and humidity conditions in drywall, wood, plaster, brick, ceramic tiles, resilient flooring, laminates and roofing and numerous building materials and air spaces.
Tramex moisture meters are designed to locate elevated moisture & humidity conditions, which may be conducive to mold, microbial growth and wood destroying organisms. These damp conditions can often be hidden within or behind a material such as drywall and not obvious from visual inspection without the help of a non-destructive moisture meter. Once the moisture source is identified and stopped, remedial action can be taken leading to a healthier building environment.
The Tramex digital MRH III and reusable Ambient Relative Humidity Hygro-i2 Short Probe allow for testing relative humidity, temperature and dew point in the environment. The heavy-duty pin-probes measure moisture content in wood, and the insulated 200mm (7.8") pins allow for deep wall cavity probing. Concrete slab in situ relative humidity testing can also be performed with the reusable relative humidity probe and enclosed hole liners.
The Tramex Building Survey Inspection Kit comes in a protective heavy-duty carrying case with die-cut foam lining.
- Deep signal, non-destructive penetration up to 1¼" in wood and drywall in non-destructive mode.
- Detects moisture through paint, wall coverings, drywall, ceramic tiles, floor coverings, wood, roof coverings and most building materials.
- Hold function “freezes” meter reading when inspecting areas where the meter face is not visible.
- Audio signal sounds when meter indicates high readings.
- Large clear backlit digital display giving meaningful readings.
- Accurate non-invasive moisture content readings from 5 to 55% MC in wood.
- Attachable pin-type wood probe for accessing hard to reach areas and for probing into wall cavities and wood.
- Attachable Relative Humidity probe for testing of relative humidity, temperature, dew point and grains per pound readings all shown on one clear display, (as well as in situ of concrete per ASTM F2170 with optional Hygro-I probes, hole liners and caps).
- MRH III – moisture and humidity meter.
- Ambient Relative Humidity probe.
- Heavy-duty pin-type wood probe.
- Heavy-duty pin-type wood hammer probe.
- 7” insulated pins for in-depth penetration using pin probe.
- Infrared thermometer.
- Calibration Check Salts for Relative Humidity probe.
- 8 x Ambient RH Probe Hole Liners.
MRH3 - MEASURING RANGE:
- Depth of penetration: up to 1¼"(30mm)(In wood, drywall)
- Reference scale for building materials: 0 to 100
- Relative Humidity (with optional Hygro-i2 ® probe): 0 to 99%
- Wood Non-invasive Mode: 5 to 55% MC (at SG of 0.3)
- Wood Invasive Mode (with optional wood pin probes): 7 to 40%MC
INFRARED THERMOMETER IRT2
- Temperature range: -58ºF ~ 1202ºF (-50 to 650 ºC)
- Distance to Spot ratio: D:S = 12:1
- Display resolution: 0.1 ºF(0.1ºC) <1000 1ºC >1000
- Accuracy for targets: Assumes ambient operating temperature of 73 to 77ºF (23 to 25 ºC) -58ºF ~ 68ºF (-50 ~ 20ºC) ±4.5ºF(2.5ºC) 68ºF ~572ºF (20ºC ~300ºC) ±1.0% ±1.8ºF (1.0ºC) 572ºF ~ 1202ºF (300ºC ~650ºC) ±1.5%
- Repeatability: -58~68ºF (-50~20ºC) : ±2.3ºF(1.3ºC ) 68~1202ºF (20~650ºC): ±0.5% or ±0.9ºF (0.5ºC)
- Response time: 150ms
- Spectral response: 8~14um
- Emissivity: Digitally adjustable from 0.10 to 1.0
- Over range indication: LCD will show “----”
- Polarity: Automatic (no indication for positive polarity); Minus (-) sign for negative polarity
- Diode laser output: <1mW,Wavelength 630~670nm, Class 2 laser product
- Operating temp.: 32 to 122ºF(0 to 50ºC)
- Storage temp.: 14 to 140ºF (–10 to 60ºC)
- Relative humidity: 10%~90%RH operating, <80%RH storage
- Power supply: 9V battery, NEDA 1604A or IEC 6LR61, or equivalent
- Safety: “ CE ” Comply with EMC
SPECIFICATIONS OF KIT:
- Size: 16.9" x 13.6" x 5.1" (430mm x 345mm x 130mm)
- Weight: 8.2lbs (3.72kg)
- Power: 2 x 9 volt PP3
- Batteries (included)
All Tramex products carry a full satisfaction guarantee including a one year warranty against defects in parts & workmanship and a refund if the unit is returned, shipping pre-paid, in new condition within 21 days of original delivery. Proof of purchase is necessary.