3M is committed to supporting the public health and government response to the coronavirus outbreak. Global demand for supplies used to treat and help protect people, such as respirators, is currently exceeding supply. 3M expects demand for respirators to outpace supply for the foreseeable future. 3M is ramping up production at its manufacturing facilities around the world including in the U.S., Asia, and Europe as quickly as possible. In China and around the world, 3M is working with customers, distributors, government and medical officials to help get supplies where they are most needed. 3M is also closely monitoring and responding to any potential impact on our broader supply chain
The World Health Organization (WHO) has reported an outbreak of disease originating in Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China, caused by a novel coronavirus. The initial cases of this virus have been associated with a specific seafood and animal market in Wuhan. Additional cases have been identified in people who have not visited this market, but have visited other markets or have interacted with infected individuals.
- The symptoms of the illness associated with this novel coronavirus are similar to those caused by influenza and other respiratory illnesses and include coughing, shortness of breath, fever, and difficulty breathing. A small number of people infected with this novel coronavirus have died.
- For further information see
- 3M Technical Bulletin – Novel Coronavirus Outbreak (PDF, 150.92 KB)
- Coronavirus and Products Shipped from China (PDF, 60.57 KB)
- Possible Alternatives to Surgical N95 Respirators (in the US): Healthcare (PDF, 1.04 MB)
- Respiratory Protection FAQ: Healthcare (PDF, 1.6 MB)
- Respiratory Protection FAQ: Workplace (PDF, 1.6 MB)
- Respiratory Protection FAQ: General Public (PDF, 1.6 MB)
- WARNING: Fraud and Counterfeit Activity (PDF, 1.6 MB)
- 2019 Novel Coronavirus Outbreak: Disposable Respirator Purchase and Use Guide (PDF, 1.6 MB)
- Additional Resources: