This Month's Special
Special! Save $25 on mold certification course prices through the end of February, 2017! When you order the CMRC course or CMI/CMRC Package you get a free e-book How to Grow Your Restoration Business by Jack Dennison. Just add the coupon: troops
- Mold Inspection/Remediation
- Certified Mold Inspector (CMI)
- Certified Mold Remediation Contractor (CMRC)
Training & Certification
Certified Mold Inspector (CMI)
Micro Mold Inspector Certification Course
A Certified Mold Inspector (CMI) is a specialist who has been professionally trained to assess both the presence of microbial contamination, and the source of any underlying moisture intrusion. The CMI certification recognizes the Certified Mold Inspector as having exhibited a proficiency of knowledge required to perform a professional microbial assessment, identify underlying moisture problems, properly perform air and surface samples and interpret the results.
This course is approximately 20 hours in duration and is presented in a convenient and comprehensive format that allows you to study at your own pace with 24/7 online access. Micro also offers free phone consultation to add to your learning experience. The CMI course is divided into 16 sessions and covers all you'll need to begin a career as a mold inspector. After successfully completing the online final exam and submitting a mold inspection project, you'll receive a Nationally-recognized MICRO CMI certification.
This course is not a prerequisite for taking the Micro Certified Mold Remediation Contractor (CMRC) course. If you are interested in both courses you can purchase the combination package at a significantly discounted price.
Topics Covered Include:
- Indoor Air Quality
- Types of Mold
- Health Concerns
- Building and Material Science
- Construction Issues
- Structural Systems
- Ventilation and Air Flow
- Mechanical Systems
- Tools of the Trade
- Initial Customer Contact
- The Exterior Inspection
- The Interior Inspection
- Interpreting Results
- Establishing Your Inspection Business
- Managing Risk
Course Materials You Receive:
- Micro Inspection Manual
- Toxic Mold Solutions DVD
- The Inside Story: A Guide to Indoor Air Quality
- A brief Guide to Mold, Moisture and Your Home
- Assessment and Remediation of Fungi in Indoor Environments - NYC Guidelines 2008
- Assessment, Cleaning and Restoration of HVAC Systems
- Building Air Quality
- Fundamentals of IAQ In Buildings
- HVAC Systems and Indoor Air Quality
- Indoor Air and Toxic Materials
- Moisture, Mold and Mildew
- New York State Toxic Mold Task Force
- Should You Have Your Air Ducts Cleaned
- OSHA Rules and Regulations
- EmLab Mold Report Packet with 5 free Spore Trap Analysis
- Helpful Tips For Homeowners Brochure
- Sample Report CD
- IICRC - This course qualifies for 2 CE credits with the IICRC
- ACAC - This course qualifies for 20 hours as professional development for ACAC re-certification credit. (NOTE: Micro is an independent course provider not affiliated with the American Council for Accredited Certification (ACAC). ACAC does not develop, accredit or approve training courses, nor does it contract with course providers.)
Who Should Take This Course?
- Home inspectors, Indoor Air Quality Personnel, Insurance professionals, Real Estate Professionals, Contractors, and those interested in a new career.
- None. Some knowledge of construction practices and building science is beneficial, but not essential.
- Course fee includes tuition, course materials, online testing and certification, and a 1-year Micro membership
Micro Success Guarantee:
- If you fail to pass your certification exam for any reason, you can retake our course curriculum and final exam at no additional charge until you achieve a passing grade.
Sale Price: $299.00
Free Domestic Ground Shipping for this item!
Earn 2 Nationally-recognized mold certifications, the CMI and CMRC, at one low price - a $179 savings over purchasing each course separately!
Read the the description of each individual course for complete information!
Purchase the CMI/CMRC Combination course and add the Micro Health & Safety Technician course for a significant savings.
Micro IICRC CE - Inspection Course
This course qualifies for 2 CE credits with the IICRC. It is the same course as the Micro CMI course, but does not require an inspection project. In addition we do not send any course materials for this course. All that is needed to successfully pass this course is located online. A certificate of completion will be emailed upon completion of the final exam.